INDIAN CENTRE FOR PLASTICS IN THE ENVIRONMENT
ICPE was set up on 27th January 1999 on the recommendation of a Task Force constituted by The Ministry of Environment and Forests (MOEF). It was registered under the Society Act on January 27, 1999. ICPE is a non-partisan, not-for-profit, autonomous technical body to promote science-based deliberations on plastics.
Click here to know more.
WHAT WE DO?
- To encourage, promote and support upgradation of the plastic waste management and plastic industry technologically and environmentally.
- To project Indian Plastic industry as environment conscious, socially responsible in all its acts, be it manufacturing, marketing or recycling of plastic waste.
- To inform, create awareness among the public at large on the importance of the right way of disposing plastic waste, the need for stopping the habit of littering and to impress on them that life without plastic is unimaginable and therefore we should act responsibly in the disposal of used plastics.
- To work closely with the Central, State and local administration in plastic waste management on behalf of the plastic industry in matters of legislation, creating infrastructure and facilitating in keeping the environment clean.
- Develop and encourage standards/ specifications / guidelines for plastic waste / recyclates for applications in various products.
- Sponsor/ undertake R & D work in the area of plastics in general, and plastics waste management in particular.
- Develop and encourage codification system for assisting recycling in critical and non-critical applications.
- Collect, collate, publish and disseminate statistical data and technical information on Plastic waste industry / Plastic Industry.
- Circulate information relating to Plastics Waste Industry / Plastics Industry for the benefit of manufacturers, consumers and regulatory bodies.
- Establish / maintain contacts / liaison and exchange information with similar bodies globally in the field of Environmental Issues and strategies in respect of Plastics Waste Management / Plastic Industry.
Subscribe to our awesome newsletter
Never miss a single issue
THE CHEMICALS AND PETROCHEMICAL MANUFACTURERS ASSOCIATION (CPMA)
An apex body representing the chemicals and petrochemical producers. Established in 1993. Represents INR 50,000 crores (USD 10 bn) worth Indian petrochemical industry. Plays a central role – providing real time connections between the industry, government and society. Interacts with policy makers and industry associations to maintain a conducive business environment.
PLASTINDIA FOUNDATION (PIF)
The apex body of major associations, organisations and institutions connected with plastics with common objectives to promote the development of plastics industries.
Key Industry Partners
All major manufacturers of chemicals, petrochemicals (plastic resin and raw materials), plastic processors and manufacturers of processing machinery and major plastic recyclers.
Contact us for partnership
Let’s make a difference together